高频日常口语表达:“厚颜无耻”用英语怎么说?
Hello!
大家好,欢迎来到地道英语口语,今天给大家分享一个我们经常会用到的经典英语日常口语,“厚颜无耻”的英语表达。
PS: 文中还有很多经典表达,大家仔细看看哦!
下面来看一段经典对话,对话中会反复用到今天我们要学的这个地道口语!
地道英语口语
Dialogue
Hello, Mary. I don’t know about you, but I seem to have so much work to do at the moment.
嗨,玛丽。我不知道你怎么样啊,但我目前似乎有许多工作要做。
Yeah, me too.
嗯,我也是。
I guess we’ve all got lots to do, and that’s why I was surprised that Lily has asked to take three days off work this week.
我想我们都有很多事情要做,这就是为什么我会对莉莉这周要请三天假这件事感到很惊讶。
Three days?
三天?
Are you sure?
你确定吗?
地道英语口语
Maybe she’s unwell.
也许她身体不舒服呢。
No, she’s fine.
不,她很好。
I heard she said to the boss in a very loud voice. I’ve got a treat deal on a flight to Italy so I need to take the rest of the week off.
我听到她非常大声的跟老板说,我订了一趟飞意大利的航班,所以这周剩下的日子我要休假。
What cheek- she’s got a brass neck.
真是没皮没脸—她有一个黄铜脖子。
A brass neck?
黄铜脖子?
Yes, I just mean she is confident but also a bit rude- she can do or say things that most of us would be too embarrassed to do or say.
是的,我想说她太自信了,但有一点粗鲁无礼,她能够做或者说一些我们因为尴尬而不会去做或者说的事情。
Yes, she just doesn’t care what she says ,does she?
是的,她不在乎她说了什么,对吧?
地道英语口语
So if someone is described as having brass neck, it means they are confident and say or do what they want, but doesn’t understand their behaviour be unacceptable to theirs.
所以如果我们说有人厚脸皮,意思就是说他们很自信,会说他们想说的话,做他们想做的事。
For examples
My ex-boyfriend’s got a brass neck, coming round and asking me to do his washing.
我的前男友这是厚脸皮,过来让我帮他洗衣服。
The customer has a brass neck asking for a refund when it was obvious he had already worn the shoes.
这个顾客真是厚脸皮,他显然已经穿过这双鞋了,却还来要求退款。
今天的学习就到这里啦!
每天我都会为大家分享这样的干货
然后整理出精华内容
让你学到最地道的日常英语表达
今天你打卡学习了吗?
下期再见!