学习英语每日坚持阅读《鲁滨逊漂流记》初级版双语小说
16
That night I went to sleep in a tree for the second time, and the next day I went on with my journey.
那个晚上,我第二次睡在来树上,第二天便继续我的旅行。
Soon I came to an opening in the hill.
不久,我到了这个小山的开阔地。
In front of me, everything was green, and there were flowers everywhere.
在我面前,一片郁郁葱葱,鲜花遍野。
There were also a lot of different birds and animals.
还有各种各样的鸟类和动物。
I saw that my house was on the worst side of the island.
我明白我的房子是在这个岛上最糟的一侧。
But I didn’t want to move from there.
但是我并不打算从那儿迁移。
It was my home now, I stayed away for three days, and then I came home.
那是我家,我在外面呆了三天,然后回了家。
But I often want back to the other, greener side of the island.
但是我经常回到这岛的另外的绿色的一边。
And so, my life went on.
我的生活继续着。
Every month I learn to do or to make something new.
每个月我学会干点或制作点新的东西。
But I had troubles storm with very heavy rain. The roof of my cave fell in, and nearly killed me!
但也总有麻烦和灾祸。一次一场夹着大雨的风暴来临,我山洞的顶层塌了下来,差点就送了我的命!
I had to build it up again with many pieces of wood.
我不得不用很多木材把它重新建好。
I had a lot of food now.
现在,我有了很多食物。
I cooked it over a fire or dried it in the sun.
我把它架在火上烤或搁在太阳下晒干。
So, I always had meat during the rainy months when I could not go out with a gun.
因此,即使在雨季我不能够带枪外出时我就也总会有肉吃。
I learn to make pots to keep my food in.
我学会来做陶罐存放我的食物。
But I wanted very much to make a harder, stronger pot-a pot that would not break in a fire.
但我非常想要做一个更坚固的罐子——一个放在火里不会破裂的罐子。
未完待续~